The present building dates from 1785. It was restored and returned to service in 2014.
The Paroz sawmill is an important witness to the pre-industrial era in the Grand Chasseral. Water splashing, complex cogs linked by leather belts and a waterfall that feeds the paddles of the big wheel allow, in a regular and slow movement, to saw the tree trunks of the surrounding forests. The present building dates from 1785. It was restored and put back into operation in 2014. It is one of the last sawing installations using hydraulic power still functioning.
- Prices for groups (from 30 persons, price to be agreed)Up to 10 people (minimum package)
- CHF 100.-
- From 11 people (additional per person)
- CHF 5.-
- Open from late April to late October, every day upon request
- The sawmill can be visited individually or in small groups
- German and French
- Picnic or appetizers on request
- Official events: Journées des Moulins (Saturday following Ascension Day) and Closing Day (3rd Saturday of October)
- Booking required
- Guided tours
- Suitable for groups