Truffles not only grow in Italy and France. The soil in the "Nord vaudois", the main Swiss truffle area, is also suitable for this treasure of such delicate aroma. Heading out to discover this precious mushroom accompanied by keen and interesting guides is an experience offered to interested individuals and amateur truffle hunters.
In the area of Bonvillars, two accompanying guides in conjunction with the Truffle Association of Western Switzerland, offer unforgettable foraging walks to discover Swiss truffles.
The programme includes explanatory animation and truffle dog demonstrations along the path. The stroll ends in a relaxed atmosphere taking refreshments based on a truffle tasting accompanied by regional wines.
2022 dates :
• In English and French: Saturday, October 1, October 15 and November 12
• French only: Saturday, October 8, October 22, November 5 and November 19
The walks are in French and English only.
Other dates on request for groups for eight persons and more during the truffle season from September to January.
- Per personAdult
- CHF 72.-
- Young prices ( 12 to 17 years old)
- CHF 36.-
- Kids under 12 ( with an adult)
- Guides: Alain Seletto, caveur (collector of wild truffles), Pierre-Yves Masson, caveur (collector of wild truffles), and Yves Giroud, Mountain Hiking Guide
- Reservations can be made online
- Deadline of registration : Wednesday before the date of the walk
- Departure: Cour de Bonvillars at 08.30 a.m., ending at 12.30 p.m.
- parking places or Public transports ( CarPostal, 630/635 ) from Yverdon-les-Bains
- Max 15 persons.
- Dogs are not allowed, even if kept on a leash.