The Vallon des Vaux, a true natural canyon, takes the hiker to the pleasantly shaded undergrowth up to the St. Martin Tower, the only evidence of an important mediaeval community. The trail offers a diverse landscape as well as a sumptuous panorama of the lake and the Jura mountains.
Departing from Yvonand, the Vallon des Vaux constitutes a true haven of peace for hikers. The trails alongside refreshing small rivers, takes the walker to interesting natural and cultural discoveries.
Long ago, the creeks of Vaux and Flonzel had shaped the steeply rising slopes. From the bottom of the rocky gorges the route winds up alongside the cliffs and leads to the St. Martin Tower, the only evidence of the seigneury of St-Martin-du-Chêne, one of the most important mediaeval seigneuries.
A visit to the Chêne-Pâquier Church is very worthwhile. Built in 1667, it is an extremely rare example of protestant architecture in Switzerland.